Raise money and awareness for epilepsy research and program services for children with special needs.
- The Joseph Gomoll Foundation was formed as a 501(c)(3) in 2010
- Honors 5 year old Joey Gomoll who passed away after suffering from a rare form of epilepsy
- Joey loved music and we use music in all of our fundraising activities
- The sale of Joey's Song charity compilation CDs and live benefit concerts are our main fundraising activities
- There are 5 CDs in the Joey's Song series, including 2 CDs just for children
- Over 80 internationally known, award winning artists have donated their music to Joey's Song
- The Joey's Song artists are Grammy winners, Hall of Fame members, and ACM/CMA/AMA/Juno winners to name just a few of the awards they have won
- The artists on Joey's Song are responsible for over 50 #1 hits and well over 100 Top 40 songs
- Joey's Song CDs have been played on radio stations around the world and have been purchased and downloaded by people in over 25 countries worldwide.
- Joey's Song is a 100% volunteer organization
- We have donated nearly $250,000 to various charities since 2011
- Over 80% of all the funds we have raised have gone directly to other charities who support epilepsy research and programs for children with special needs
Epilepsy is the name given to an imbalance of the nervous system that causes two or more seizures or fits. Seizures can range from very mild, affecting people’s vision or attention for a few seconds, to major seizures with muscle spasms and lack of consciousness for a time. Epilepsy can start at any age, but usually either during childhood or in old age.
- Epilepsy affects over 50 million people worldwide, including 300,000 American children under the age of 14
- Epilepsy affects more people than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s disease COMBINED
- Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the U.S.
- Epilepsy claims more lives than breast cancer every year
- Funding for epilepsy research lags significantly behind other diseases and disorders